Friday, August 7, 2026

Free Anti-Bullying Programming

If you're looking for anti-bullying programming you might be interested in this email from a young woman working on her Girl Scouts Gold Award.

Hello!
Photo by Road Ahead on Unsplash


My name is Caitilyn and I've recently graduated from Lincoln High School in Wisconsin Rapids. I'm a second year Ambassador Girl Scout (which is the final level of Girl Scouts) and I'm currently working on my Gold Award for Girl Scouts. 

Some background, the Gold Award is the highest award a Girl Scout in the United States can earn while still in Girl Scouts. She has to complete the Bronze and/or Silver Awards in order to even do their Gold Award and she has to do it during the last two years of high school when she's an Ambassador Girl Scout. Only about 5% of girls stay in Girl Scouts and of that 5% only 6% of those girls complete the Gold Award. 

My Gold Award is an anti-bullying program called Be a Buddy, Not a Bully. Its main goal is to reduce bullying through parent education and prevention/intervention to make a greater impact. It teaches how to tell if your child is being bullied or is a bully, how to talk to your child if they're being bullied or are being a bully and how to help your child if they're being bullied or being a bully along with 4 strategies of how to prevent your child from bullying others. 

In order for my Gold Award to work I need to make it so it can continue on without me being in charge. We're hoping that through sharing with other libraries that they'll connect to me and I can find someone in that area to take it to their library and teach it using the information I have but with their stories and experiences. If you're in the cities/area around Wisconsin Rapids I'm very willing to come by and do a couple programs throughout the day at your library as long as you promote for me so I can have some people come participate! If you don't think you'll get enough people to participate in the in-person program that's fine! I have a youtube channel called Be a Buddy, Not a Bully and it's completely set up with all the information that I teach right now!

If you'd like to reach out to find out more about the program you can reach me at official.beabuddy.notabully@gmail.com! Thank you for your time!

Kind regards,
Caitilyn S.  

No comments: