Friday, December 18, 2015

Fandom Friday: Star Wars

At my December Teen Advisory Board meeting, I learned about Fandom Friday. I was a little embarrassed that I didn't know about it. One of the teens was covered in her various fandoms: Taylor Swift sweatshirt, Mockingjay pin, and other favorites written in marker on her arm.

Today, Friday, December 18, is a big day for one fandom. If you are not aware, the new Star Wars movie is officially out. Last night I held a Star Wars Party for ages 10-15. One of the favorite activities was musical chair trivia. I got the idea to mix trivia and musical chairs from Laura Solawetz at Monroe Public Library. Even if kids aren't good at trivia or like trivia, they can still participate. Just get their behind in a chair. I also did it at my Doctor Who party with great success. I did little prep for it. I downloaded a Star Wars trivia app and the Star Wars theme song onto my phone. That was it!

The other favorite activity was watching YouTube videos. Below are links to the videos we watched. Enjoy!

No comments: