Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Meet the Board: Terry Ehle, Chair-elect


Tell us a little bit about who you are and your connection to libraries and the YSS Board.
My name is Terry Ehle and I am the chair-elect for YSS this year. I have been the Youth Services Coordinator for the Lester Public Library for almost 18 years (YIKES!) and came to YSS about midway through my career. I was very excited about all of the things YSS was doing and wanted to be a part of it. YSS members are a lot of fun and really work hard to further services to youth in our state. I am fortunate to be a part of it.

Where do you get inspiration for your work?
I am very much an “I’ll try anything once” type of person when it comes to youth programming. I love to hear what my youth patrons are interested in and take suggestions from them.  Inspiration can come from any direction; the key is to be open to try new things.

In what format do you like to read? EBooks? Print? Graphic Novel? Audiobook?
I will read pretty much anything. I prefer print but also read on my iPad – lately it’s been about 50/50. I do like audiobooks but find I can usually only listen to a book I have already read, my mind wanders otherwise. I love full-cast audio books like The Princess Academy by Shannon Hale and the Jacky Faber series in audio is FANTASTIC!

What do you like to do in your free time to recharge?
My family (1 husband + 3 girls) like to travel and are on a quest to see all 50 state capitals. We have been to 23 so far and hope to cross 2 more off the list this spring. We love to see the different areas of the country, especially the great outdoors, and since we are all big readers we also look forward to the long drives and uninterrupted reading time.

If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go? Have you ever been there?
If I could go anywhere in the world I would be on my way to New Zealand right now so that I could go on the Lord of the Rings tour of the continent. I REALLY want to go before they dismantle the set!

No comments: