- Begin to examine their understanding of various cultural groups and identify personal cultural biases.
- Be able to describe how they can become culturally literate and promote cultural literacy in library programs.
- Become aware of some approaches to make their library welcoming to various cultural groups.
- Begin to identify necessary strategies for reaching diverse cultural populations of children and their families.
- Begin to identify strategies for planning programs that connect children and families from diverse cultural groups.
Saturday, July 9, 2016
Serving Diverse Youth Infopeople Webinar
Webinars are a great way to get training, ideas, and professional development from wherever you are or at a time convenient to you if you use the archived version. This free Infopeople webinar Cultural Literacy Programs in Your Library: Connecting with Diverse Children and Families is no exception. You can register HERE.
Do you promote cultural literacy in your library? Would you like to learn more about planning programs and outreach services for diverse groups of children and their families?
This webinar will help libraries establish a foundation for understanding how cultural bias influences services to diverse patrons. We will also explore strategies and resources for program planning and outreach. Presenter Jamie Naidoo will discuss how libraries can promote services and get community buy-in from specific cultural groups. Additionally he will cover where to find resources for planning the best programs that celebrate cultural diversity and connect children and families from diverse cultural backgrounds.
At the end of this one-hour webinar, participants will be able to:
This webinar will be of interest to: Librarians and library support staff in public libraries who work with children.
For more information and to participate in the August 9 webinar, go to https://infopeople.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=591 .
Webinars are free of charge, you can pre-register by clicking on the Register Now button (at the top and bottom of this page). If registering with less than 30 MINUTES from the start of the webinar you can join directly from the thank you page by clicking the Join Now button. If you pre-registered you will receive an email with login link and a reminder email the day before the event.
If you are unable to attend the live event, you can access the archived version the day following the webinar. Check our archive listing at: http://infopeople.org/training/view/webinar/archived .