Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I can't get this song out of my head!

Pixabay
There are those songs that stay in your head all day when you hear even a little snippet. Hopefully, the song is one you like.

Last week in storytime, I played a new song to me, Laura Doherty's "Kitty Cat". I learned about it on Storytime Katie who does the song with puppets. The storytime kids and I just danced around with shakers as part of our musical break.

For the rest of the day and week that song played in my head. Kitty cat, kitty cat, oh kitty cat. I was reminded of another storytime song that has the same effect- "I Know a Chicken" by Laurie Berkner. I know a chicken and she laid an egg... a shaky egg!

Which songs stay in your head long after storytime?

1 comment:

Sarah Cournoyer said...

Lately "Little Red Caboose" and "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain" have been rolling around in my head.