Wednesday, May 24, 2017

DIY Fidget Spinner

Fidget Spinner (Pixabay)
The latest craze in my town is fidget spinners. A month ago I didn't see any. Now they are everywhere. The fidget spinner is promoted as stress-relieving toy and as helping people, especially with ADHD, autism, and anxiety, to focus.

During my SRP promotional visits to the schools, kids are asking if we can have them as prizes for summer reading. The answer is no because I have no budget. But, there might be a DIY version that would work great in program or as a passive craft station in the library. The folks at Red Ted Art have delivered to us budget-depleted librarians an easy DIY fidget spinner. It uses my favorite, very plentiful, free thing in the world - cardboard!

Have you made a fidget spinner in a program? Share your success, tips, and instructions in the comment section.

No comments: