Sunday, November 5, 2017

WLA YSS Sessions in Short: Sing, Sing a Storytime


Sing, Sing a Storytime: Integrating Music into your Storytime
Thursday, October 19, 2017     3:45-4:30
Lori Bell

Lori began by telling us the significance of music as a learning tool. She shared a myriad of resources for music. Even if they were familiar, it was great refresher. I know I was saying to myself, “I should dust off___________and get that back into my storytimes.” She showed us how you do not need to be an expert at an instrument but can still introduce it to the children and play a few chords. (Great idea for next summer’s reading theme: “Rock and Read”!)  She showed us a really smart way to keep patrons engaged and keep yourself organized. For every storytime she creates a PowerPoint! She has the lyrics incorporated and then caregivers and kids can follow along (even if they are not reading, they can associate words with sounds)

Author: Elizabeth Timmins

No comments: