Thursday, January 18, 2018

Meet the Board: Terry Ehle, Past Chair

It's a new year and we have a new YSS Board!  This series will introduce each board member with some delightful questions and even more delightful photos.

Terry Ehle, Past Chair

What was your favorite childhood book?
My favorite book growing up was Tibor Gergely's Great Big Book of Bedtime Stories. I honestly can't tell you a single story in it but I have very fond memories of my dad reading it to us before bed.

In what format do you like to read? EBooks? Print? Graphic Novel? Audiobook?
I will read pretty much anything. I have no problem with eBooks. I am not a huge fan of graphic novels but they are growing on me. Audiobooks are harder because I only have a 3 minute commute and don't have much time to listen otherwise.

What do you like to do in your free time to recharge?
Right now I am obsessed with The Great British Baking Show - it is my Zen time of the day. My family also loves to travel, watch movies and play games.

What are you reading right now?
I am reading Renegades by Marissa Meyer.

What is your biggest goal for YSS in 2018?
To encourage more youth librarians to join YSS and get involved. We need a diversity of voices to ensure that YSS continues to grow and change.

Anything else you’d like to share?
Being involved with YSS has been an amazing experience and it has enriched my professional life tremendously. So many great folks working together to support libraries, literacy and youth - what's not to like?

Contact Terry: tehle@lesterlibrary.org

No comments: