Saturday, January 26, 2019

Meet the Board: Katie Kiekhaefer, Chair

It's a new year and we have a new YSS Board!  This series will introduce each board member with some enchanting questions and even more enchanting photos.

Katie Kiekhaefer, Chair

Name & Library
Katie Kiekhaefer, Whitefish Bay Public Library

What was your favorite childhood book?
I like to say that my sense of humor can best be understood by my favorite childhood books (shout out to the Wayside School books) and Tedd Arnold's No More Jumping on the Bed is a pretty spot on example of that.  I loved the madcap, zany absurdity of that book, and I would like to use this platform to publicly thank my parents for the endless re-readings!

In what format do you like to read? EBooks? Print? Graphic Novel? Audiobook? Why?
I tend to stick with print and graphic novels, but every year, I resolve to explore eBooks more.  Maybe this year will be the year?

What do you like to do in your free time to recharge?
Truthfully, I watch a lot of Great British Bake-Off reruns.  I also love music, so putting together new playlists and attending concerts is how I recharge.  

What are you reading right now?
My coworker gave me The Little Book of Hygge: Danish Secrets to Happy Living by Meik Wiking, and I'm enjoying the practical tips to make winter in Wisconsin a little cozier.

What is your biggest goal for YSS in 2018?
My goal for 2019 is to continue the amazing work done by previous Chairs.  As Sarah mentioned earlier, we're using our survey responses to better support library staff serving youth in this state, and I'm excited for everyone to see what we can do in 2019.  Watch this space!    

Anything else you’d like to share?
(Nope :D)

Contact Katie: kiekhaefer@gmail.com

No comments: