Saturday, January 19, 2019

Meet the Board: Susie Menk, Secretary

It's a new year and we have a new YSS Board!  This series will introduce each board member with some enchanting questions and even more enchanting photos.

Susie Menk, Secretary

Name & Library
Susie Menk, Manitowoc Public Library

What was your favorite childhood book?
Freckles by Gene Stratton-Porter
Light a Single Candle & Gift of Gold by Wisconsin author Beverly Butler

In what format do you like to read? EBooks? Print? Graphic Novel? Audiobook? Why?
I read print and e-books, but lean more toward e-books because at my age the ability to change the font size is huge!  Audiobooks are also a favorite.  I love listening to books when walking or making car trips!

What do you like to do in your free time to recharge?
I like to read of course!  Rubber stamping with my sisters, walking, visiting my family and spending time with my grown-up children keeps me busy. 

What are you reading right now?
I am working my way through the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan on audiobook and I am starting the print version of Bridge of Clay by Marcus Zusak.  I have Marissa Meyer’s Renegade series on hold right now too!

What is your biggest goal for YSS in 2019?
I have found the connections made through YSS and the idea sharing we do to be SO helpful. My hope is that we can continue to reach out to other youth librarians and make their work easier by pooling our resources and ideas!

Anything else you’d like to share?
YSS has been great for me.  I have been involved in this group for the past few years and so many ideas that were shared at meet ups or in the YSS blog are now part of what we do at our library.  When I go to conferences it is always nice to meet up with fellow members and touch base.  The ideas and sharing that happen through this group are just AMAZING!  If you are a part of YSS—way to go!  If you aren’t—please join.  It is totally worth it! YSS ROCKS!

Contact Susie: smenk@manitowoc.org

No comments: