Sunday, February 14, 2021

Why I Love YSS

It's February, the month of love. The YSS board decided to share with everyone the reason why they love YSS. This series will run Wednesdays and Sundays throughout February!

I love YSS because of all the professional development and social opportunities it provides! I strongly believe YSS is the perfect place to both dig into the complex areas of our work AND relax/be happy/revel in the joys of our job.  It’s wonderful to have a statewide sounding board and resource for any and all library staff serving youth.  The information I have gained from blog posts, webinars, and in-person meetings has inspired, informed and validated my decisions - who wouldn’t love that?!  It’s also been the best resource for my staff, especially as a place to find programming during COVID when we’ve all been at our wall mentally.  


To me, YSS is the most invaluable professional resource out there!


-Claire Parrish, Public Services Director for Ricke Lake Public Library and YSS Chair Elect.

No comments: