Saturday, March 20, 2021

CLEL Book Award Jury Looking for Members

Mel Depper, librarian and early literacy guru from Colorado shares: "Friends, thanks to a successful trial-by-fire during 2020, the Bells are going all virtual again in 2021! You don’t have to be in Colorado to serve on the selection committee! You do have to be a CLEL member but that’s easy peasy because it’s free to join. And for my ECE peeps, you don’t have to be a librarian! Just someone who loves picture books and has a solid grasp of early literacy/pre-reading skills. I was going to apologize for all my exclamation points but I actually am this happy about the Bells so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯



The CLEL Bell Award Selection Committee is looking for new members for the 2021-2022 year.

The Selection Committee selects five winners annually based from specific selection criteria. The winners are selected from titles suggested by the CLEL community.

Partner up with library workers from all over Colorado and the country! Time commitment includes monthly meetings, access to new books to review for a couple hours a month, and 2 all-day virtual meetings.

"When I was a part of the CLEL BELL committee two years ago, it was the first time I got the camaraderie for the love of picture books and early literacy combined! I found my people."
-FORMER CLEL BELL COMMITTEE MEMBER

For more information, visit https://www.clel.org/bell-committee-application

No comments: