Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Making "Book Menus"

It's always a pleasure when a blogger like Lindsey Krabbenhoft of Jbrary pops back up in the blogging world. We hope her return is full of great posts like the one she recently shared on her experience creating Book Menus.

Lindsey writes: "I first got the idea to try something like this from Teen Librarian Toolbox. I liked it immediately. A visual reader’s advisory tool to help families discover all our collection has to offer? Yes please!

I thought it would work at my library because we have a community of voracious kid readers. We get asked all the time for reading recommendations, often by kids who have read all the popular titles. I also know caregivers here use our website and app and will often place holds by themselves. I wanted something that would empower our readers to use our collection in a self-sufficient way, while also promoting the library as a place where they can get amazing recommendations."

To read this how-to post filled with hints, tips and multiple examples of the book menus she created, please stop here.

Welcome back Lindsey!

No comments: