Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Tuesday Tips - February Guessing Game

Sam Jones is the Youth Services Librarian at the Beaver Dam Public Library. She shares tips to make your job easier in her Tuesday posts.

We decided to put together a fun, passive guessing game for Love Your Library Month. We had some leftover Hershey Kisses, so we put them in a container and had people guess how many Kisses were in it. We ran it for a month and got a ton of different guesses, ranging from 20- 2,000. Some people really took their time to think about a guess, while others put down the first number that came to their mind. 

We gave the three closest guessers a prize. The closest got the Kisses, and all three winners got a library coffee cup I made with our new Cricut and Cricut Mug Press. I thought the cup was adorable and, once I got the hang of it, not too difficult to do. I put “Book Lover” on one side of the mug and our logo on the other. They turned out great, and we got a lot of compliments on them. 

The library hadn’t done a guessing game in a while, and this was my first time putting one together. I probably won’t do one every month, but I think this is a fun, special thing to do once in a while. 


No comments: