Monday, August 12, 2024

Advocacy - Invite Reviews!

Image by OpenClipart-Vectors from Pixabay
Recently, YSS Board member Peter Blenski wrote a great post on the ALSC blog on how to encourage patrons to post an online review when they give you a thumbs up.

Pete writes: "Personally, whenever I get something like this [ed. note: positve comment] after a story time, I thank them.  But then I ask them to please find us on Google and leave a review; I’d be more than happy to help them if they need help finding it.  I do love hearing those comments, but I’m not the one that needs to hear them.  Everyone else does.  Indirectly, your story time grown ups are already evangelizing about you, talking to their friends or writing on Facebook groups.  All that you’re doing here is directly asking them to do it."

Click here to read the whole post with ideas and tips on how to ask for this kind of support! [Rate, Review and Subscribe. Blenski, Peter. ALSC blog. August 1, 2024]

No comments: