Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Infographic - Snapshot of US Youth


In a recent Teen Librarian Toolbox post published in School Library Journal (SLJ), Karen Jensen did a research deep-dive to take a look at the demographics of youth in the US.

Karen writes: " I have spent some time now digging around in local statistics and generational data to help me better understand my service area. I then spent my evenings researching and putting together an infographic of youth in general in the United States, out of curiosity. Knowing your local specifics is vital to understand who you serve directly, but it’s also interesting to see how your neck of the woods compares to the larger picture. For example, I learned that my local service area is more diverse and has a higher rate of poverty that the United States average. These are important things to know."

To see the fascinating infographic that resulted, please click here. [A Snapshot of Youth in the United States in Infographic Form for 2024. Jensen, Karen. Teen Librarian Toolbox blog. August 6, 2024.]

No comments: