Saturday, February 2, 2019

Meet the Board: Claire Parrish, Director at Large


It's a new year and we have a new YSS Board!  This series will introduce each board member with some enchanting questions and even more enchanting photos.

Claire Parrish, Director at Large

Name & Library
Claire Parrish, Rice Lake Public Library

What was your favorite childhood book?
The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce

In what format do you like to read? EBooks? Print? Graphic Novel? Audiobook? Why?
I like print and ebooks.  Print because I love holding the book in my hands and ebooks so no one knows I'm reading really bad trashy romance novels!

What do you like to do in your free time to recharge?
Read while snuggled up with my kittens, binge watch murder mystery shows, and go for walks

What are you reading right now?
I just started Cherry by Nico Walker and I'm also listening to Becoming by Michelle Obama on audio.  I tend to space out when listening to audio books, so I'm challenging myself to pay attention this year. These are both kind of heavy, so I'm also about to start The Summer of Jordi Perez (and the best burger in Los Angeles) by Amy Spalding, which will hopefully balance things out. 

What is your biggest goal for YSS in 2018?
Some of my goals include offering some great webinars through Powerhouse Presents and coordinating awesome meet-ups through-out the state to facilitate idea sharing, professional development, and fun!  YSS is such an amazing resource and group of people, I want all YS librarians in the state to join us!

Contact Claire: claireparrish@ricelakegov.org

No comments: