Monday, December 27, 2021

A Year End Thanks and Reflection

As my year as YSS Chair comes to a close and the Board welcomes our newly elected members,  I want to take a moment to reflect on the joy of working with my very talented and dedicated colleagues on the Board.  I want to especially thank our four outgoing board members. I so appreciate the extensive guidance and enthusiasm that Katherine Schoofs extended to me as I tried to navigate my duties as Chair. I know that librarians all across the state enjoyed and appreciated the virtual library tours that Florence LaBeau engineered. A big thanks to Susie Menk for MANY years of great note-taking and hard work and Katherine Freund for her contributions as director at large. We will miss all four of these board members.

Truly,  the entire YSS Board and various committee members are a source of inspiration, enthusiasm,  and professional vision for myself and my fellow librarians around the state.   With that in mind, if you love what you do as a youth services librarian, I invite you to reach out and attend a meeting, volunteer for a committee, or run for a board position in the future.  

Thanks to my YSS colleagues, the WLA leadership, Tessa Michaelson Schmidt and Monica Treptow at the DPI, and to Marge Loch-Wouters, our blog administrator and all-around sage and voice of reason.   

Cheers!


Jenny Wegener

2021 YSS Chair


No comments: