Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Tuesday Tips - Rock Snake Craft

Sam Jones is the Youth Services Librarian at the Beaver Dam Public Library. She shares tips to make your job easier in her Tuesday posts.


For my next few blog posts, I'll be posting some of my favorite crafts I did this summer. 

One that turned out extremely well was rock painting. I bought some really nice rocks from Amazon that were smooth and big enough for people to create detailed designs. We also used paint pens, which people enjoyed. The pens were cleaner than normal paint and easier to use on the rocks than paintbrushes. 

My favorite part of this program was creating our rock snake outside using the painted rocks. I gave people the option to leave their rock or take it home. 

I also shared that anyone could bring rocks throughout the summer to add to the snake. It grew a lot over the three months we had it out. 

Another tip for this project is to use a sealant before placing the rocks outside. Overall, this was a fun, easy project that got a lot of patron participation throughout the entire summer. 



No comments: