Thursday, October 11, 2012

Displays

October is a great month for displays. We're coming off of Banned Book Week. We have Teen Read Week (more blogs on TRW coming soon). Halloween. Football. Fall. Books galore. 

How many librarians actively display books? How many librarians LOVE to do displays?

I am unfortunately one of those people who is kinda in the middle. I don't love them. I do put up a few books, and when they get checked out, I forget to add more titles. And the display dies a slow and sad death. 

But I love to look at ideas other librarians post about their displays. If you haven't found Pinterest yet, it's a great source of ideas. 

There have been a couple of variations to displays that I've been implementing. 
  • The Cover Art Display - I use Goodreads to print out 8.5"x11" copies of cover art and I staple them up on a bulletin board. 

  • Online Displays - This idea is not new but I was flipping through my Google reader of blogs and saw this one. http://yalsa.ala.org/blog/2012/10/09/gothic-book-display-for-trw12/    


Unique Ideas - Non Book book displays  http://theloudlibrarian.net/2007/09/banned-books-week.html

No comments: