Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Common Core Enigma

My true confession. 

I don't understand Common Core Standards. I attended Tessa's webinars. I've listened. I've read. I still don't really get it. 
But I'll tell you this. I'm trying. 
I was reading a great article in the new issue of VOYA. (I heart VOYA). 

 "The Un-Common Piece of Common Core: The Librarian Teri S Lesesne (rhymes with insane) I can't link to this article but if you visit VOYA's website you can read the February issue digitally. 

It started to kind of click for me. 
kind of. seepage
Then I was scrolling through my google reader and found this blog. I'm not a fan of blog posts about blog posts but a small connection was made in my mind and I thought I would share it with your minds (that will most confidently grasp this quicker than I)
Fiction Meets Reality a really clever infographic that pairs fiction with nonfiction. And a few words from Common Core started to seep in. Making connections between stories that ask questions and presenting books that answer questions. 

I hope I'm not the only one struggling?









No comments: