Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Graphic Novel Collection Assist...er Lists

While we certainly have some graphic novel aficionados in our ranks, I am a print book person myself. I respect the genre and understand its appeal for visual readers, but appreciate the help of those more well-rounded in its selection than myself. That's where ALSC, YALSA, and the CCBC come in handy. The knowledgeable folks there have compiled lists and resources for those of us who want a little assistance selecting the "best" graphic novels for our collections. Here's where you can find those lists:

ALSC Graphic Novels Reading List 2014

YALSA's Great Graphic Novels

CCBC's Graphic Novels Resources

One of the things I like best about the CCBC's resource list is that it also includes information and articles to help grow an understanding and appreciation of graphic novels in libraries.

What resources do you use for developing your graphic novel collections?

No comments: