Thursday, March 10, 2016

Choose My Plate

So, summer reading is looming large and my mind is starting to churn with the possibilities!  The CSLP theme On Your Mark, Get Set, READ! has tons of potential and I have begun looking for online resources to compliment the health/wellness/sports materials I have been actively obtaining since about October.  One of my favorite resources that I am looking forward to sharing with patrons this summer is ChooseMyPlate.gov.  There are kids games, activity sheets, recipes, and more!  (My favorite is called Smash Your Food and involves actually seeing food get smashed.)

Overall, it is a good resource for kids to learn about what they are eating and how it affects their bodies, and is a great tie-in to the CSLP summer theme!
improve the nutrition and well-being of Americans
USDA Center for Nutrition Policy & Promotion

No comments: