1. I purchased a random assortment of candies and cookie decorating supplies, including several (like 8) tubs of white frosting. This included food color, which as we all know is a great stainer, so introduce your teens to it with words of caution.
3. I also purchased three $10 Barnes and Noble gift cards for the winners. You could of course have anything you like as prizes, or nothing but the joy of eating a masterpiece.
4. I created three "stations" in our programming space: the Judging Table, The Supplies Table, and the Decorating Zone. Participants picked up supplies at the Supplies Table, and were only allowed to decorate in the Decorating Zone.
5. As participants entered they received a large (think Chinet sturdy) white paper plate, and were told to take a spot around the Decorating Zone Tables.
6. Once everyone has arrived and received a paper plate, this is the spiel I shared: