Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Kid's Books are for Everyone!

Wikimedia
This week ends with St Patrick's Day. I always do a colors or an green things themed storytime. One of my favorite books to share is Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. The kids love the silliness of a pea who is forced to eat sweets by his parents and, of course, dessert is not the usual suspect! A sweet, whimsical story that be used with babies to kindergartners.

The book reminds me of why it is so fun being a children's librarian. I'm surrounded by children's books! I get to buy tons of them! The site Bookstr has a post "Adults Can Learn So Much From Children's Lit". It focuses more on chapter books but I think most of us have several picture books we think everyone should read.

Amy Krouse Rosenthal has written a few of those books. As many of you have heard, she died this week. I don't know to say but thank you, Amy.

No comments: