Thursday, May 18, 2017

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon

How did I not know?  I am a fairly well tuned-in person when it comes to all things reading obsessed, so how have I missed Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon every year?  And to add insult to injury, it takes place TWICE a year!  So I have been doubly oblivious.  Well, no more!  Now I know that every April and October the book loving world via Twitter, Instagram, Goodreads, Facebook and more comes together to read for 24 hours straight.  There are mini challenges and cheerleaders and snack-eating encouragement.  This would be fun to extend into the physical library, possibly with teens or as part of a Read Down Your Fines program.

Not sure about reading for 24 hours in a row?  Find more information on Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon HERE.  I found the FAQ page particularly helpful (and amusing).

No comments: