Saturday, February 3, 2018

Meet the Board: Sarah Cournoyer, Chair

It's a new year and we have a new YSS Board!  This series will introduce each board member with some delightful questions and even more delightful photos.

Sarah Cournoyer, Chair

What was your favorite childhood book?
The one that comes to mind right now is the Wizard of Oz, but there were many more! I generally read one to two books a day back then. My favorite series was the Hardy Boys because they were intrepid, intelligent, and solved mysteries.

In what format do you like to read? EBooks? Print? Graphic Novel? Audiobook?
I like print books, but have really gained an appreciation for eBooks in terms of convenience, carrying weight (only 8.54 oz no matter how many pages!), and being able to read them on multiple devices.

What do you like to do in your free time to recharge?
Free time is scarce, but I like to make time for knitting, cooking, yoga, and family and friends. A few of my favorite ways to recharge are being outside, taking road trips, and watching the clouds pass by or the wind move in the trees.

What are you reading right now?
I'm about 63% of the way through Ms. Bixby's Last Day according to my Kindle. What a fabulous and profound coming of age story! It's full of moments and quotes that resonate with me.

What is your biggest goal for YSS in 2018?
I feel it is imperative to continue providing value to our membership through resources like the YSS Powerhouse Presents series of webinars, regional meet-ups, leadership opportunities, and professional development, while enticing new members to join and to attend conferences.
My biggest goal is to be accessible, approachable, flexible, and adaptable in how, why and what YSS does in order to benefit our members, our organization, and the youth and families in our state.

Anything else you’d like to share?
Being a librarian has got to be the best career in the world! Every day brings something new and there’s never any time to get bored. I urge you to join me in spreading the word about our awesome and necessary profession to kids and teens that are contemplating what to be when they grow up. We need diverse library staff.

Contact Sarah: sarah@beaverdamlibrary.org
 

No comments: