Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Tuesday Tips - Book Lists

Sam Jones is the Youth Services Librarian at the Beaver Dam Public Library. She shares tips to make your job easier in her Tuesday posts.

A blog from School Library Journal called A Fuse 8 Production, written by Betsy Bird, puts out lists of books every day in December. When I wrote this post, there were two lists written. The first was 31 Days, 31 Lists: 2022 Great Board Books and the second was 31 Days, 31 Lists: 2022 Picture Book Readalouds. With both lists, I found books that I wasn't familiar with. I really appreciate Bird's descriptions and reviews of the books. I also appreciate how Bird suggested different ways you could read the read-aloud books. At the end of the article, Bird has the other lists that will be written. I am really excited to see the lists of wordless picture books and "unconventional" picture books. 

If you like the way Betsy Bird talks about books, Bird also does a podcast with her sister, Kate. 

1 comment:

Rebecca V said...

What great lists, Sam! Thanks for sharing!