Monday, January 8, 2024

Cooking Wizardry Tools for Teens


Teens and hot food - a combination that is always a sure-fire grab for our patrons. 

Of course, doing these programs can be challenging if the library doesn't have a kitchen space . It's either delivery food or finding ideas for programs that don't need sources of heat.

Teen Librarian Toolbox to the rescue! Karen Jensen dishes on her go-to mini cooking equipment that has her teens coming back for more.

Karen writes: "I’ve gone back and forth in my 30 years in libraries about food based library programming. And I have had the situation where I have worked at libraries with full kitchens and worked at libraries with no kitchen. Today, I am going to share with you one of my favorite library kitchen program ideas. Before we start, I need to make clear: this is not a paid endorsement. I just happen to be one of those people who do that ADHD thing where you hyper-fixate on something AND am always thinking about how everything can apply to libraries. That is how I came to write this post about the mini kitchen of your library dreams."

Check out her detailed post with lots of inexpensive mini-cooking equipment and program ideas. [The Mini-Kitchen of Your Dreams for Teen Programming at Your Library. Jensen, Karen. Teen Librarian Toolbox, School Library Journal. December 18, 2023.]

No comments: