Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Tuesday Tips - Jbrary's 2023 Favorite Storytime Picture Books

Sam Jones is the Youth Services Librarian at the Beaver Dam Public Library. She shares tips to make your job easier in her Tuesday posts.


Jbrary just posted their favorite storytime picture books that were published in 2023. If you don't know what Jbrary is, it is a fantastic storytime resource that I, and many others, use often. They recommended 38 picture books this year. You can see them all here.

I've also enjoyed a lot of these books. One of those books is Bing! Bang! Chugga! Beep! By Bill Martin Jr. and Michael Sampson and illustrated by Nathalie Beauvois. It has a great, repetitive story and can be sung to the tune "This Old Man." Kids liked repeating "Bing, bang, chugga, beep." 

As a dog lover, I knew that Boop! by Bea Birdsong and illustrated by Linzie Hunter would be one of my personal favorites when I bought it. Kids can boop the dogs' snoots. 

Finally, I just read I’m Going to Build a Snowman by Jashaw Awan to a group of kids in a 4k class, and they LOVED it. We pretended to build a snowman while I read the book, and they were super engaged throughout the story. I'm excited to see how the other recommendations play out during my storytimes.

No comments: