Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Why I Love YSS

It's February, the month of love. The YSS board decided to share with everyone the reason why they love YSS. This series will run Wednesdays and Sundays throughout February!

I LOVE the YSS organization for so many reasons! 

As a new librarian I found the sense of camaraderie and support to be so great – my fellow YSS members were always happy to share their expertise and enthusiasm.  YSS gives Youth Services librarians, who are sometimes the only person in the department, a ready source of collaboration and guidance.  Too often adults who work with children are dismissed but YSS reaffirms our professionalism and the importance of our careers. 

Throughout my career I have always been so impressed by the innovation shown by my fellow YSS members – so many initiatives that have made significant impacts in promoting literacy around the state; programs at the conference, the early literacy calendars, library tours, the blog that is such a great source of information – so many things! 

- Jenny Wegener, Head of Youth Services, Pewaukee Public Library and YSS Chair

Feeling the love? If you would like to be a part of YSS, please join us and WLA! 

No comments: