Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Teeny Tiny Little....

I know. I know. I should really wait until 2013 is done before I start thinking about 2014 Summer Reading, but I can't help it. This blog post appeared in my facebook feed and I thought it would be fantastic for "Fizz Boom Read" and "Spark a Reaction" - (ps have you seen the artwork in the catalog?!? It's fantastic!)

http://www.danoah.com/35-everyday-things-made-so-insanely-cool-under-a-microscope

My first "reaction" was that is soooo cool. And then it was, "ew gross" -- Two very encouraging reactions from kids. What if we used images like this for stealth programming? Match the image with the label? Blow up big and post them on the wall with velcro and they can slap the label on the image like the Price is Right?

Share your ideas for microscopic images at your library!

No comments: