Thursday, January 5, 2017

Noon Year's Eve Party


This year our library threw a Noon Year's Eve Party.  (Yep, you read that right, noon.)  For those not in the know a Noon Year's Eve Party is a New Year's celebration for families and children.  We celebrated ours on Saturday, December 31, from 11:00 - 12:30pm.  The major components of the party included:

Image may contain: one or more people, people eating, people sitting, table, food and indoor1. Countdown clock to countdown to NOON!  I used THIS one and just had it displayed on a laptop, but you could project it onto a wall if you have the option.

2. Plenty of snacks.  I offered the masses multicolored goldfish in tiny Dixie cups, fruit trays with dip, cookies, Ritz crackers with cheese cubes, and sparkling white and red grape juice.
Image may contain: 1 person, sitting, table and indoor
3. Crafts!  The kiddos (and some grown ups) made Noon Year's Eve crowns and tambourines.

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and indoor4. Bubble machine with lots of bubble mix.  I purchased THIS one and THESE extra bubbles.  It was such a hit!  We did have to put ours on a large towel after a bit, because it can get a little slick on the table.  I would advise, if possible, putting this up higher than we did, as some kids wanted to touch the machine/where the bubbles came out.

5. Balloon drop at noon.  This was the scariest (for me) part of the whole shindig.  I was obviously worried that it wouldn't work, that the net wouldn't release, that the balloons would be static-stuck to the ceiling, etc.  HOWEVER, this was a smash with the kids and parents!  And, I got to send a bunch of the balloons home with families, helping with the overall cleanup.  Tips: I built my own net system and it took about a day, so plan for that, or just purchase one of the many options available on Amazon.  Buy a hand balloon pump, trust me.  Two words: Static Guard, I sprayed the net with it (and some of the ceiling), before filling with balloons.
Image may contain: 9 people, indoor
If you want to know more details about how/why I built my own net system for the balloon drop, feel free to contact me!  Happy Noon Year!

1 comment:

Muehl Public Library said...

Aimee, how fun!!! What a great way to kick off 2017!