Thursday, January 25, 2018

Meet the Board: Claire Parrish, Director at Large

It's a new year and we have a new YSS Board!  This series will introduce each board member with some delightful questions and even more delightful photos.

Claire Parrish, Director at Large

What was your favorite childhood book?
Picture book was and still is Ferdinand by Munro Leaf.   For chapter books it is the Song of the Lioness series by Tamora Pierce. I still re-read them about once a year, and she has a new book coming out in February that I can't wait to read!

In what format do you like to read? EBooks? Print? Graphic Novel? Audiobook?
Print is my go-to, but I also love reading trashy romance novels on my iPhone.  It is my goal this year to read more graphic novels and non-fiction since those are the two I often overlook. So let me know if you have any recommendations!

What do you like to do in your free time to recharge?
Read.  Curling up with a blanket and cup of coffee is the best medicine for me.  I also love to cook, go on adventures outside, and travel. 

What are you reading right now?
I just started Mustaches for Maddie, but I am also reading a historical fiction/werewolf romance because that combination is AMAZING.

What is your biggest goal for YSS in 2018?
My goal right now for YSS is to enter this position as open-minded as I can, with big listening ears, so that I can thoughtfully process what we are hearing from youth services librarians around the state, and figure out how we can meet their needs. I am really looking forward to the regional meet-ups and the chance to visit new libraries, meet new people, and get inspired for all the work that lies ahead of us.

Anything else you’d like to share?
I'm incredibly thankful and excited about serving as a Director at Large and I can't wait to get to work!

Contact Claire: claireparrish@ricelakegov.org

No comments: