Friday, July 26, 2024

Busy and Burning Out

Image by mcmurryjulie from Pixabay
Recently, Jennifer Sullivan who blogs at Adventures in Storytime (and Beyond) blog put out a survey to see how youth librarians were faring. In July, she published the results.

Jennifer writes: "A few months ago when I was feeling particularly stressed, overworked, unappreciated, and frustrated in my position as a solo children's librarian being expected to do all the things and be everything for everybody, I put together a survey to see how many others were in the same boat. I posted a link to the survey on my page as well as in two Facebook groups for youth services and summer reading, and collected 228 responses over one week. It's taken me a while, but I've finally finished going through the results. To be clear, this is a casual opinion survey, and not proper research."

You can read the full post with survey results here. Jennifer will be publishing a post soon with the second part of this survey: "What Youth Services Staff Wish Directors Knew" [And the Survey Says...We Are Busy and Burning Out!  Sullivan, Jennifer. Adventures in Storytime and Beyond blog. July 14, 2024.

No comments: